Fees: $1000 + tax = $1050.00
Previous Restorative Yoga experience not required
Contact us at: 604-971-5230
Location: Montrose Square
2180 Kelly Ave, unit 4140, Port Coquitlam
Fees are non-refundable once the course starts
Bring harmony to your quality of life with Restorative Yoga!
Explore how mind-body relaxation can bring balance, manage pain, relieve stress, breathe easy and improve energy all at the same time.
Why train at Rasa Flow Yoga?
- This training will provide one-on-one individualized attention that will encourage students to see themselves as a sacred being rather than a machine for efficient productivity.
- Rasa Flow Yoga is a supportive environment for total relaxation; a student will learn and understand thoroughly that resting is a radical act.
- The student will learn to shift their brainwave patterns to promote physical, emotional and psychological healing.
- The training will help develop and deepen the practice of yoga, use the work of healing not only on one’s body but also in one’s life.
- A student will improve confidence by learning and applying techniques that will help them ease their stress.
- In small classes, each student is encouraged to develop their voice, express their ideas and feel comfortable to ask any question.
- This training is designed to give you hands-on experience so you can get started immediately after graduation.
Why do we need Restorative Yoga?
When we pursue our life goals and dreams relentlessly, it can have us over thinking and create excessive pressure on our health.
Today, stress and anxiety levels have gone high since the recent global event. Autoimmune diseases, ADHD and OCD have been rising.
The solution is to slow down, nurture and care for ourselves.
When we care for ourselves, we will care for others.
- helps you overcome fears
- helps you feel grounded and settled in your environment
- feel more connected to your inner being
- bring balance, insight and clarity
- helps with meditation
What is Restorative Yoga?
Restorative Yoga is a therapeutic style of yoga. It is one of the tools one can use to reduce stress. It will bring about more calm and relaxation in the body, mind, and heart.
Restorative Yoga is a step back from “pretzel twisting” stretches of traditional yoga. It is a practice of conscious relaxation that focuses on simple yoga poses in supported positions, encouraging deep relaxation so the mind can enter a peaceful, meditative state.
Benefits of a Restorative Yoga practice:
Stimulate and relax the body to move towards balance - experience physiological responses that are beneficial to health.
- Relieve the effects of chronic stress
- Help recover the loss of sleep
- Reverse the effects of gravity
- Alter hormone levels
- Reduce brain arousal, blood pressure and fluid retention
- Stimulate and soothe the organs
- Alleviate headaches
- Activate the relaxation response for healing
- Quiet the mind
- Refresh the heart and lungs
- Feel energized after resting
Restorative Yoga Curriculum
- History and Lineage of Restorative Yoga
- Anatomy of Restorative Yoga
- Understanding the relaxation response
- The Koshas (5 layers of being)
- The Vayus (the winds in the body)
- Pranayama (breathing techniques) for Restorative Yoga
- Chakras and Mantras
- Meditation Techniques
- The art and skill of teaching and using props
- How to assist, adjust and sequence a class
- Understand the approach to Restorative Yoga Poses
- Learn the language to support the restorative experience
- Develop skills to observe, understand and promote deep relaxation
- Learn how to support special conditions (injuries, insomnia, pregnancy)
- Integrate Restorative Yoga into Hatha and Yin style classes
- Receive an opportunity to teach a Karma public class, you are welcome to invite your friends and family
- Be acknowledged on our social media platforms
- Develop the confidence to spread these teachings with confidence and compassion
You will receive
- Restorative Yoga manual
- 10 free Restorative Yoga classes during training
- Certificate of completion
- Hours can be applied towards your 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Certification through Rasa Flow Yoga School registered with Yoga Alliance
When you are teaching yoga, you will have a variety of clients coming towards you. Restorative Yoga is a skill and tool that you can offer to clients who require something other than a Vinyasa, Flow or Power style of yoga.
Restorative Yoga is a powerful skill a Yoga Teacher can have in their teaching toolbox to balance a student’s energy so that they are neither overstimulated nor depleted.
- You will improve your capacity for healing and balancing yourself and others.
- You will attract a following that is attracted to your unique style of teaching and healing
- You will be able to offer private classes and start a part time or full time business
- You can combine Restorative Yoga with other modalities of healing
- By teaching you will enhance the quality of harmony in your life and that of the community you serve
Invite the Relaxation Response
Reduce the harmful effects from stress and bring the body back into a healthier balance.
When we take control of our physical, mental and emotional wellbeing, this in itself is empowering.
When we are empowered, we understand our strengths and are motivated to learn and achieve.
Enhance harmony in your quality of life
One of the goals of Restorative Yoga is to bring you into a state of balance and harmony.
Once a firm foundation is laid we will have the courage to fully accept ourselves and create a secure sense of being.
Saturday & Sunday 10:30am to 6:30pm
10:30 – 11:00: Centering & Discussion
11:00 - 11:45: History, Philosophy & Anatomy
11:45 - 12:00: 15 min Break
12:00 – 1:00: Restorative Yoga Class
1:00 – 1:30: 30 min Break
1:30 – 4:30: Meditation, Asana lab, Breathing Practices, Journaling, Restorative Sequencing and Language
4:30 - 4:45: 15 min Break
4:45 – 6:15: Practice teaching
6:15 – 6:30: Closing